The Office of Women’s Advancement provides specialist advice to the Minister for Women’s Policy, the Northern Territory Government and public sector agencies. We have a central coordinating, monitoring and reporting function regarding women’s issues in the Northern Territory.
Our roles and responsibilities include:
- advancing the social, political and economic status of women in the Northern Territory
- providing policy advice and options to government on women's issues
- implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on government policies that impact on Territory women
- identifying gaps and emerging trends for future government action
- coordinating and reporting on policy implementation across all agencies
- working across government and the community sector on women's issues
- providing specialist gender advice
- community engagement activities
- promoting and celebrating the diversity and achievements of Territory women.
Policy Framework for Territory Women
The Policy Framework for Northern Territory Women announced on 9 March 2013 was prepared based on issues and concerns of Territory Women, identified by the Office of Women’s Policy.
The framework focuses on three concepts: